Home Testing Kits
We are currently experiencing some delays in sending and processing home testing kits. If you are ordering an asymptomatic kit, please be aware that we post these out 2nd class, twice a week. With the current situation postage can take longer, please allow up to 1 week before contacting us to chase your kit order.
No symptoms? Just want a check up?
- Fill in the online form and a kit will be dispatched to you.
- Your kit will arrive in discreet packaging.
- Scan the QR code for videos on how to complete your kit or read the instructions provided.
- When you have completed all tests and your registration form is filled in, pop it all in the box. Add the box into the pre-paid returns envelope and post back to us using your nearest post box.
- Once we have received your kit your tests will then be processed and results given in around 3 weeks.
For any additional information please email thenorthernISH.email@example.com.
Important information to remember about testing for STIs
- Due to restrictions relating to sending samples via airmail this service is only available to UK Mainland addresses
- It takes up to 2 weeks since your last risk (the last time you had sex) for a Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea infection to show on any of the tests we do via post or in clinic
- It takes up to 12 weeks/3 Months since your last risk (the last time you had sex) for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B infections to show on any of the tests we do via post or in clinic
- Hepatitis C infections takes up to 6 Months to show on our blood tests
- If you do not fill in and return the form that comes with your samples we wont be able to process your tests and you will have to order another kit. All samples must also be labelled with your name and date of birth or tests will not be processed.
- When returning your blood test you must include the Silica sachet inside the clear bag along with your test, if this is not returned you will be advised to repeat the test as it may affect the results.
- If you have never attended a sexual health clinic before and are a gay man (man who has sex with men) or if you think you're at a higher risk of contracting infections. We recommend that you book online for a telephone consultation.