Clinic Closure NoticeLocation: All Northern clinics Date: Wednesday 14th August 2019 - 8am - 12pm All Northern clinics will be closed for staff training Please see Our Clinics for alternative clinic dates and times
Advanced Notice of Change of ClinicLocation: Urmston Clinic: Tuesday Evenings 16:00 - 18:00 Date: Starting Tuesday 2nd July 2019 This clinic will be changed to a booked appointment only for testing without symptoms and Contraception patients. Appointments will be released 1 week in advance To make an appointment you will need to call the Urmston Clinic direct: 0161 749 1160.
Sex & the law
Consent is a term used to describe both or all people involved in sexual activity giving their agreement to willingly participate in sex. This might include full penetrative sex, oral sex, or touching each other’s genitals or other “private” body parts.
Only people over the age of 16 are able to consent to sex.
Consent cannot take place when:
- An individual is incapable because of drink or drugs
- There is violence or threat of violence
- Someone is unlawfully detained
- Someone is deceived as to nature of activity
- Someone thinks the person they are having sex with is someone else
- Sexual activity is agreed to by a third person
- Someone is asleep or unconscious