Telephone Issues - The Hathersage Centre
We are experiencing telephone issues at The Hathersage Centre. This is a Trust wide issue. If your call is of an urgent nature please contact any of our other Hub clinics for further advice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
We offer pre-booked Contraception Appointments
Did you know that you can also telephone us for a contraception appointment?
If you are interested in a coil or implant, you can request a telephone counselling appointment.
Check the Our Clinics page for local clinic availability and contact details.
Exposure to HIV
Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) is HIV
medication that is prescribed to a HIV negative person, within 72 hours of
potential exposure to HIV. If you need PEP, this works best if it is started as
soon as possible.
For this reason, if you think you need PEP, just walk into one of our hub clinics and tell the receptionist that you need PEP. A&E departments should also be able to start PEP when our clinics are closed.
PEP is recommended:
· If the partner was HIV positive and not on treatment
· You are a man who had anal sex with another man without a condom.
· If you had a partner of unknown HIV status belonging to a group at high risk of HIV (e.g. Gay man or from Africa/ SE Asia)
· Chemsex with sharing of needles
· Other situations which could have put you at significant risk of catching HIV
PEP is not recommended:
· Your HIV positive partner on treatment and has undetectable virus levels
· Human bites
· Another person’s semen gets in your eye
· You had oral sex (Mouth to vagina/penis)
· You are taking PrEP correctly