Contraception & Emergency Contraception
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to telephone appointments. Please do not come to clinic unless told to do so.
We may not be able to offer all services during the current lockdown
- Provision of oral contraception, and progesterone-only injections.
- Emergency and routine fitting of intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUCDs) and implants.
- Removal of IUCDs and implants due to complications.
- Exchange of IUCDs and implants approaching the end of the extended period of use.
The Faculty for Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare have produced a booklet of advice for women seeking contraception, abortion and other sexual and reproductive healthcare during the COVID-19 epidemic.
We offer a variety of contraceptive methods including:
- Emergency Contraception
- Intrauterine devices - Coils (IUD/IUS)
- Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)
- Contraceptive Injections
- Internal and External Condoms
For more information on contraceptive options visit Sexwise
To arrange a telephone appointment, book online for same day appointments (Online Booking)
Contraception Telephone Line
Pregnant and not sure what to do?
Deciding to have an abortion can be a difficult decision to make. Talking through the options with a doctor or nurse at a contraception and sexual health clinic can help you to reach your decision. Please see above for online or telephone booking.
Alternatively you can self-refer to the Central Booking Manchester for abortion counselling. You won’t have to wait long for a consultation – normally less than a week.
Central Booking Manchester: 0345 365 0565