Clinic Closure NoticeLocation: All Northern clinics Date: Wednesday 14th August 2019 - 8am - 12pm All Northern clinics will be closed for staff training Please see Our Clinics for alternative clinic dates and times
Advanced Notice of Change of ClinicLocation: Urmston Clinic: Tuesday Evenings 16:00 - 18:00 Date: Starting Tuesday 2nd July 2019 This clinic will be changed to a booked appointment only for testing without symptoms and Contraception patients. Appointments will be released 1 week in advance To make an appointment you will need to call the Urmston Clinic direct: 0161 749 1160.
Alcohol & Drugs
Sex and alcohol and/or drugs can be a dangerous combination.
These are some of the dangers if you have sex while drunk or under the influence of drugs:
- Unaware of someone spiking your drink
- Forget to use a condom
- Not realise if someone is wearing a condom or if it breaks or slips off
- If you use another form of contraception, e.g. the pill, you may forget to take it
- Both alcohol and drugs can lower your inhibitions, which might make you more likely to do something you don’t really want to
- You may lose self-control, which could put you in a position where you may be more susceptible to sexual assault, including rape
- Have sexual activity that hurts you (you may be less sensitive to pain when drunk or high)
- Have sex with someone you wouldn’t usually choose to be with
- Inject drugs with a used needle, risking HIV infection and other blood-borne viruses