WE’VE LISTENED TO YOUR FEEDBACK From Monday 4th November 2019 WE WILL RELEASE ONLINE BOOKING SLOTS AT 8.30AM. THESE SLOTS WILL BE FOR THE FOLLOWING WORKING DAY.
Important NoticeThere are issues with the telephone lines at The Hathersage Centre. If your query is urgent please contact us via email. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Important NoticeDue to staff shortages we are experiencing a slight delay in providing test results We are taking steps to minimise disruptions. Thank you for your patience in the meantime
Alcohol & Drugs
Sex and alcohol and/or drugs can be a dangerous combination.
These are some of the dangers if you have sex while drunk or under the influence of drugs:
- Unaware of someone spiking your drink
- Forget to use a condom
- Not realise if someone is wearing a condom or if it breaks or slips off
- If you use another form of contraception, e.g. the pill, you may forget to take it
- Both alcohol and drugs can lower your inhibitions, which might make you more likely to do something you don’t really want to
- You may lose self-control, which could put you in a position where you may be more susceptible to sexual assault, including rape
- Have sexual activity that hurts you (you may be less sensitive to pain when drunk or high)
- Have sex with someone you wouldn’t usually choose to be with
- Inject drugs with a used needle, risking HIV infection and other blood-borne viruses