Stockport Choices/Central Youth: Due to current staffing levels we will only be able to see a maximum of 10 patients per walk-in session. Date: Monday 22nd October 2018 Location: Wythenshawe Forum Session: Evening Walk In Clinic (15:30-18:30) CLINIC IS CANCELLED Date: Monday 22nd October 2018 Location: Harpurhey Clininc Session: Evening Walk In Clinic (15:30-18:30) CLINIC IS CANCELLED Date: Tuesday 23rd October 2018 Location: Cheetham Hill Session: PM Walk In Clinic (12:30-14:30) CLINIC IS CANCELLED Date: Wednesday 24th October 2018 Location: Forum Session: PM Walk In Clinic (12:30-14:30) CLINIC IS CANCELLED Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you
If you have been raped or sexually assaulted up to 10 days ago, you can take the following steps:
- Contact St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 24 hour helpline 0161 276 6515 and access our full range of services.
- If you are in danger it is important that you contact the police. If it is an emergency call 999 and if it is not an emergency, ring 111 and you will be put through to your local police service and they will take appropriate action. Alternatively, find a safe place to stay.
- If you need to escape a dangerous situation but have children or other responsibilities that prevent you from leaving please call St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515 as they have links to other agencies that can help find you a safe place to stay. You can also call the police.
- If you have serious injuries you must seek immediate medical help.
Forensic medical examination
This will be offered to you if you have been assaulted within 7-10 days. Sometimes it may be helpful to have a forensic examination even if the assault happened longer than 10 days ago.
The examination is to look after your medical needs as well as collecting forensic evidence. Any samples taken are carefully collected, labelled and stored and can be used in court as evidence. You can stop the examination at any time.
You can report rape or sexual assault at any time after it has happened.
If you need support because of a rape or sexual assault in your past, here are some contacts.
- Domestic Violence Helpline
- Manchester Rape Crisis
- St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre
- Survivors Manchester
- Victim Support