NHS PrEP trial
All Northern Sexual Health sites have now gone live for recruitment into the Impact PrEP trial. Please note there are limited places available for the service and dedicated waiting lists already in place across the sites. To be added to the waiting list or to find out if there are likely to still be places available please contact the following numbers. Hathersage : 0161 701 1504 Stockport : 0161 204 5884 Tameside : 0161 342 7101 Trafford : 0161 241 7582 Withington : 0161 217 3318 Please note due to longstanding overwhelming demand, places can not be guaranteed onto this trial. Please bear with staff as they try to get recruitment for the trial off the ground.
Sex & the law
Consent is a term used to describe both or all people involved in sexual activity giving their agreement to willingly participate in sex. This might include full penetrative sex, oral sex, or touching each other’s genitals or other “private” body parts.
Only people over the age of 16 are able to consent to sex.
Consent cannot take place when:
- An individual is incapable because of drink or drugs
- There is violence or threat of violence
- Someone is unlawfully detained
- Someone is deceived as to nature of activity
- Someone thinks the person they are having sex with is someone else
- Sexual activity is agreed to by a third person
- Someone is asleep or unconscious