Notice to patients
We are experiencing a high demand on the service and we are sorry for your inconvenience. This is owing to staff shortages and a reduction in appointments available. The Receptionists will do their best to help you and get you seen as soon as possible. To help you (if you do not have any symptoms) you can also get a home testing kit from our website. We hope to address our staffing shortfall as soon as possible. Please look out for further information on our website.
How to access the service
We are primarily a walk-in service, but we do also offer appointments for non-urgent concerns and for those without symptoms, and for some contraceptive procedures.
Our services are open to all ages. Most are ‘open access’, meaning you can refer yourself, or your GP can refer you. Please check the opening time for each clinic location for details of services and how to access them.
At present we have a central booking telephone number for all enquiries and booking of appointments. The line is open Mondays to Fridays from 8.30am - 6.30pm, except public holidays. Our phone lines are busiest in the morning. If you can’t get through when you first call, there may be an option to leave a message, or alternatively please try again later.
We hope to introduce online appointments bookings in the future aswell as on-line postal testing. Please check the website for updates on the progress with this.
Please walk-in to one of our clinics if you :
- Want to see a health care professional
- Need treatment
- Have symptoms
- Have had sex with someone with a confirmed STI/STD
- Would like safer sex advice or counselling
- Need contraception (family planning)
Book an appointment if you:
- Want to see a health care professional and you have no symptoms. This is only available at North Manchester Clinic, UHSM Withington Clinic (GUM & JARMAN), Choices, Central Youth & Partington Health Centre.
- Contraception procedures - LARC methods i.e IUS, IUD & Implant
For urgent concerns click here