NHS PrEP trial
All Northern Sexual Health sites have now gone live for recruitment into the Impact PrEP trial. Please note there are limited places available for the service and dedicated waiting lists already in place across the sites. To be added to the waiting list or to find out if there are likely to still be places available please contact the following numbers. Hathersage : 0161 701 1504 Stockport : 0161 204 5884 Tameside : 0161 342 7101 Trafford : 0161 241 7582 Withington : 0161 217 3318 Please note due to longstanding overwhelming demand, places can not be guaranteed onto this trial. Please bear with staff as they try to get recruitment for the trial off the ground.
How to access the service
We are primarily a walk-in service, but we do also offer appointments for non-urgent concerns and for those without symptoms, and for some contraceptive procedures.
Our services are open to all ages. Most are ‘open access’, meaning you can refer yourself, or your GP can refer you. Please check the opening time for each clinic location for details of services and how to access them.
At present we have a central booking telephone number for all enquiries and booking of appointments. The line is open Mondays to Fridays from 8.30am - 6.30pm, except public holidays. Our phone lines are busiest in the morning. If you can’t get through when you first call, there may be an option to leave a message, or alternatively please try again later.
We hope to introduce online appointments bookings in the future aswell as on-line postal testing. Please check the website for updates on the progress with this.
Please walk-in to one of our clinics if you :
- Want to see a health care professional
- Need treatment
- Have symptoms
- Have had sex with someone with a confirmed STI/STD
- Would like safer sex advice or counselling
- Need contraception (family planning)
Book an appointment if you:
- Want to see a health care professional and you have no symptoms. This is only available at North Manchester Clinic, UHSM Withington Clinic (GUM & JARMAN), Choices, Central Youth & Partington Health Centre.
- Contraception procedures - LARC methods i.e IUS, IUD & Implant
For urgent concerns click here