Notice to patients
We are experiencing a high demand on the service and we are sorry for your inconvenience. This is owing to staff shortages and a reduction in appointments available. The Receptionists will do their best to help you and get you seen as soon as possible. To help you (if you do not have any symptoms) you can also get a home testing kit from our website. We hope to address our staffing shortfall as soon as possible. Please look out for further information on our website.
What is ChemSex?
ChemSex involves the use of one or more of the following drugs:
- Methamphetamine (Meth, Crystal Meth, Tina)
- Mephedrone (M-CAT, Meow Meow)
- GHB (G, Gina)
Mixing these with other recreational drugs and alcohol can be dangerous.
What are the risks?
- Some side effects of drugs used during chemsex can be severe such as:
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Loss of consciousness
Additional problems of using chems during sex:
- Not being able to consent to sex
- Not being able to practise safer sex
- Infection with blood-borne viruses such as HIV
- Infection with sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea
Our clinic offers:
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Screening for blood-borne viruses, including HIV and hepatitis
- Drug intervention work and counselling
- Psychological support
- Peer support
- Harm reduction packs
Hathersage Centre, Upper Brook Street, Manchester M13 0FH
Telephone: 0161 276 5204
Walk in or make an appointment
Open every Wednesday 3.30 – 6pm