NHS PrEP trial
All Northern Sexual Health sites have now gone live for recruitment into the Impact PrEP trial. Please note there are limited places available for the service and dedicated waiting lists already in place across the sites. To be added to the waiting list or to find out if there are likely to still be places available please contact the following numbers. Hathersage : 0161 701 1504 Stockport : 0161 204 5884 Tameside : 0161 342 7101 Trafford : 0161 241 7582 Withington : 0161 217 3318 Please note due to longstanding overwhelming demand, places can not be guaranteed onto this trial. Please bear with staff as they try to get recruitment for the trial off the ground.
What is ChemSex?
ChemSex involves the use of one or more of the following drugs:
- Methamphetamine (Meth, Crystal Meth, Tina)
- Mephedrone (M-CAT, Meow Meow)
- GHB (G, Gina)
Mixing these with other recreational drugs and alcohol can be dangerous.
What are the risks?
- Some side effects of drugs used during chemsex can be severe such as:
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Loss of consciousness
Additional problems of using chems during sex:
- Not being able to consent to sex
- Not being able to practise safer sex
- Infection with blood-borne viruses such as HIV
- Infection with sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea
Our clinic offers:
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Screening for blood-borne viruses, including HIV and hepatitis
- Drug intervention work and counselling
- Psychological support
- Peer support
- Harm reduction packs
Hathersage Centre, Upper Brook Street, Manchester M13 0FH
Telephone: 0161 276 5204
Walk in or make an appointment
Open every Wednesday 3.30 – 6pm