Clinic Changes/ Cancellations
Advanced Notice of Change of ClinicLocation: Urmston Clinic: Tuesday Evenings 16:00 - 18:00 Date: Starting Tuesday 2nd July 2019 This clinic will be changed to a booked appointment only for testing without symptoms and Contraception patients. Appointments will be released 1 week in advance To make an appointment you will need to call the Urmston Clinic direct: 0161 749 1160.
What is ChemSex?
ChemSex involves the use of one or more of the following drugs:
- Methamphetamine (Meth, Crystal Meth, Tina)
- Mephedrone (M-CAT, Meow Meow)
- GHB (G, Gina)
Mixing these with other recreational drugs and alcohol can be dangerous.
What are the risks?
- Some side effects of drugs used during chemsex can be severe such as:
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Loss of consciousness
Additional problems of using chems during sex:
- Not being able to consent to sex
- Not being able to practise safer sex
- Infection with blood-borne viruses such as HIV
- Infection with sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea
Our clinic offers:
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Screening for blood-borne viruses, including HIV and hepatitis
- Drug intervention work and counselling
- Psychological support
- Peer support
- Harm reduction packs
Hathersage Centre, 280 Upper Brook Street, Manchester M13 0FH
Telephone: 0161 276 5204
Walk in or make an appointment
Open every Wednesday 3.30pm – 6pm