NHS PrEP trial
All Northern Sexual Health sites have now gone live for recruitment into the Impact PrEP trial. Please note there are limited places available for the service and dedicated waiting lists already in place across the sites. To be added to the waiting list or to find out if there are likely to still be places available please contact the following numbers. Hathersage : 0161 701 1504 Stockport : 0161 204 5884 Tameside : 0161 342 7101 Trafford : 0161 241 7582 Withington : 0161 217 3318 Please note due to longstanding overwhelming demand, places can not be guaranteed onto this trial. Please bear with staff as they try to get recruitment for the trial off the ground.
Alcohol & Drugs
Sex and alcohol and/or drugs can be a dangerous combination.
These are some of the dangers if you have sex while drunk or under the influence of drugs:
- Unaware of someone spiking your drink
- Forget to use a condom
- Not realise if someone is wearing a condom or if it breaks or slips off
- If you use another form of contraception, e.g. the pill, you may forget to take it
- Both alcohol and drugs can lower your inhibitions, which might make you more likely to do something you don’t really want to
- You may lose self-control, which could put you in a position where you may be more susceptible to sexual assault, including rape
- Have sexual activity that hurts you (you may be less sensitive to pain when drunk or high)
- Have sex with someone you wouldn’t usually choose to be with
- Inject drugs with a used needle, risking HIV infection and other blood-borne viruses